Arizona Revised Statutes
15-802. School instruction; exceptions; violations; classification; definitions
2. If the child will attend a private school or home school, file an affidavit of intent with the county school superintendent stating that the child is attending a regularly organized private school or is being provided with instruction in a home school. The affidavit of intent shall include:
(a) The child's name.
(b) The child's date of birth.
(c) The current address of the school the child is attending.
(d) The names, telephone numbers and addresses of the persons who currently have custody of the child.
F. For the purposes of this section:
1. "Home school" means a school conducted primarily by the parent, guardian or other person who has custody of the child or instruction provided in the child's home.
2. "Private school" means a nonpublic institution, other than the child's home, where academic instruction is provided for at least the same number of days and hours each year as a public school.
15-828. Birth certificate; school records; exception
A. On enrollment of a pupil for the first time in a particular school district or private school offering instruction to pupils in any kindergarten programs or grades one through twelve, that school or school district shall notify the person enrolling the pupil in writing that within thirty days the person must provide one of the following:
1. A certified copy of the pupil's birth certificate.
2. Other reliable proof of the pupil's identity and age, including the pupil's baptismal certificate, an application for a social security number or original school registration records and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate.
3. A letter from the authorized representative of an agency having custody of the pupil pursuant to title 8, chapter 2 certifying that the pupil has been placed in the custody of the agency as prescribed by law