Document Recording Information

  1. If the document meets the form requirements, is complete, and the proper fees have been paid, we will accept your document and make it a matter of permanent public record.
  2. Our data entry department will key the pertinent information to create an index so that you may locate this document in the future.
  3. Your original document will be returned to the address typed on the document or if you walk-in to record your document will be handed back to you. 
  4. If the original document is ever lost or misplaced, a certified copy may be obtained from our office.

Guideline to Record Documents

1. Document must be on paper. paper size must be 8 1/2 inches wide and no shorter than 11 inches and no longer than 14 inches.
2. First page of the document must have a 2 inch top margin. On the left 3 1/2 inches of the top margin write the name and return mailing address where the document is to be returned. The right 3 1/2 inches is reserved for recorder's use. 
3. All other margins must be at least 1/2 inch. 
4. Document must be legible enough to make certified copies. Black and white only (except for blue ink signature or color notary stamps)
5. Document must have 10 point type or larger.
6. The document shall have a title on the first page.
7. Each document shall have original ink signatures.
8. Deeds conveying real property must be accompanied by an Affidavit of Property Value unless exempt (See ARS 11-1133)
9. Send correct recording fees. (see our fee schedule in "forms" section on Recorder homepage. 
10. Any document amending, releasing, correcting, or modifying a previously recorded document must state the date and instrument number of the document being modified. 
For full requirements to record see ARS 11-480

Documents not meeting the Arizona State Requirements to record will be returned to you un-recorded. Documents without correct fees will be returned un-recorded. The Recorder's office cannot help you prepare documents. You are responsible for making sure your documents are correct.                                                                            The information above is for informational purposes only. If you need legal advice or assistance with filling out documents, please consult a title company, an attorney, or paralegal.